Friday, March 13, 2009

yes Jesus

Dear Jesus,

Hi! It's me again. Uhm. Lord? Please hear me out here. I'm really going "under."

Dear Lord, I have so many plans for my life - ah, forgive my ambitiousness. I don't know if all of them are in accordance with Your will. But I'm trying. And I say yes to You alone, Lord. Should You say no to any one of my plans, I shall follow. Above all, Lord, I know that in every situation I will encounter as I journey through life, I must consider and protect my family's opinions. I must respect them above all (except You of course :) )

Every day, Lord, You give me an opportunity to shine and be better and show the world that I am Your daughter. And every day, Lord, as it seems, I run to You in prayer - asking for guidance and grace that I so desperately need. Sometimes, I see Your response clearly. Sometimes, vaguely. Sometimes, none at all. But, Lord, I am not dismayed. I believe that that's Your way of showing me that I must face everything not behind You but rather WITH you.

And so, Jesus, I greatly thank You for all You've done and for all You are doing and for all that You will do. Lord, I do not know nor can I imagine my life should You not have been Who You are. Should You not have done what You do. Thank You, Jesus.

Great Almighty Father, I come to You in humble resignation.

Dear Jesus, I tried my best to help out my two friends. But that is all I can do for them. It's their turn to move. Dear God, please bless them in their choices. Please be with them, Lord Jesus. (PS Lord, I thank You for giving me the time, the place, and the words during our conversations. I know You did that for us. Thank You. Thank You for letting me talk to them. Thank You, Lord.)

But now, Lord, it's my turn. I need to help myself. This time, I'm the one going "under."

I have to admit, Lord, I don't know what You want to happen in my life. Who does? All I know is that what I have ahead of me is very vague - but also focused. It's ironic. I know. But, that's how it looks like to me... That's how it seems to me.

God, You give. Then You take. Then You give something better. Then You give again. Oh, Jesus, I thank You for giving me all these things despite my worthlessness. But, God... may I ask? What am I to do with all these things? What should my response be? I am sorely confused.

Dear God, I have only one prayer for tonight. Please show me what to do. Please show me what to say. Please show me what to believe.

Dear Jesus, I thank You for continually being my God. Thank You. Thank You for your graciousness and kindness. Merciful Jesus. Thank You for saving me.

Thank You, God.

Amen :)


0 comments: